Thursday, November 23, 2006

What a year.

This year has been incredible. It started out with making my first film "undocumented." It was exhausting. It was wonderful.

After "undocumented," I went to the border and shot Jay Johnson-Castro as he walked along the border. I learned much during those "203 Miles." Not just about the border communities but about myself also. I discovered so much that I'm considering that journey a private one and may not compile the documentary.

The day after I returned from the border, I began shooting the Janitor's strike. I met so many incredible activists from all over the country that SEIU had brought in for the war. Day after day we were in the trenches, on the streets, in the monolithic corporate buildings launching our non-violent attacks on our enemy. Everyday was an adrenaline rush. And the smiles and tears of the janitors after the contract had been agreed upon . . .

This year has been a turning point in my life and career.

And this is just the beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home